Our Aims and Objectives are:
- To provide a safe, stimulating and happy environment for each child in our care, recognising that the welfare of the child is paramount.
- To provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age, who come to our Nursery.
- To offer both parents and children a service that promotes equality and diversity; our policy opposes any discrimination on the grounds of race, ethnicity, ability, sex or religion.
- To work in partnership with parents and take account of any needs arising from race, culture, language, and religion; to treat all children as individuals.
- To work in partnership with parents to ensure their child is happy and provide opportunities for all children to develop at an appropriate rate comfortable for them, ensuring they reach their full potential.
- To share information and advice with parents, welcoming them into the Nursery at any time, whether for formal or informal discussions. Confidentiality is respected at all times.
- To offer training for staff as appropriate, ensuring their personal/professional development and enabling them to update their skills.
- To ensure a non-discriminatory environment for staff and parents alike at all times.
- To add to the life and well-being of the local community.
We aim to ensure that each child in our Nursery:
- Is in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Is given generous care and attention, helped by our ratio of qualified staff to children.
- Has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together.
- Is helped to take forward his/her learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows or can do.
- Has a special key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress.
- Is in a Nursery that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop.
- Is in a nursery in which parents help to shape the service it offers.